Friday, August 31, 2007

Hope for the Electronics Industry - Uncertainty for Education

Though the technology addressed in this article is far beyond my knowledge base, the last sentence caught my attention. Hope for the electronics industry! Wow, I didn't know they needed hope. Things are pretty fast to me already and when I think about them getting faster and cheaper within the next decade it again drives home the question; What are we preparing these kids to do?

Jukes talked about these next order changes opening the door for nano and bio technologies that are beyond my current ability to understand just last week and now we see they are getting closer. What doe it mean for us?

Where is the "invention" that gives us hope? It isn't going to come from a "thing"; it must by necessity, come from adaptive change at system, building, and classroom level where we demonstrate that all kids learning the right stuff drives our behavior. I wonder if we can embrace all those "things" to make this come alive in our classrooms?

Check out the short video on this phone coming out next year from Nokia.

Today is blogger day and I'm supposed to recommend 5 blogs. I could give you 5 from my list of about 20, but I'll give you a list that comes from Dangerously Irrelevant, one of my favorites. http://scottmcleod.typepad.com/dangerouslyirrelevant/files/Edublogger_Technorati_Rankings.xls

No comments: