Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another "WHY WE NEED TO CHANGE" Video

I'm just about to start a board meeting to look at cuts or additional revenue streams to balance next year's budget and I ran across this additional video I thought I'd share. It is similar to the others I have shared, but is directed at teachers and has many of the words and phrases included in our Outcomes and Indicators, HOM, and thinking skills.

With all these versions it would be great to put together the Tahoma Way and share with the world. Anyone up for collaborating on this?

Anyone struggling to get into their del.icio.us account? I changed passwords and still can't get in. It is frustrating especially when I don't yet understand much of what I'm trying to do.

5 comments:

Ethan Smith said...

This one is my favorite. The pacing is perfect. It gives you time to start reflecting and then you are lurched forward to consider something new. As this happens repeatedly it creates a feeling of urgency. Brilliant.
I would like to collaborate with you on your proposed project.

Kimberly Allison said...

Ditto to what Ethan said. Let's do it! We'll have our 15 (or three) minutes of fame.

Amy said...

I don't know if I am creative enough, but I would be interested in putting together something that reflects Tahoma School District and what we are about/where we are headed. (Am I the only one not totally sold on the way they describe using cell phones in this one for learning? It felt more like "use it because it is there" rather than "use it because it is the best tool for the learning we want." Perhaps I am not thinking outside the box enough. :)

Unknown said...

I find that a lot of articles that recommend the use of cell phones to look up info are of the "because it is there" and maybe it is a spontaneous use. Maybe its no different than using a classroom computer or a dictionary.

I took my enviro kids out in the woods one time and had then use their cell phones to take picture of native plants and then email the pictures to me just bc we could. I wanted to see what that experience was like.

Unknown said...

NICE-I think something around Habits of Mind and classroom 10 would be inspiring
Maybe our Endeavor team and their National Model Schools presentation could use student interviews, comments...in a video/youtube-----Terry