Sunday, June 22, 2008

Still anxious - with time running out!


Its Sunday about 10:00 pm, I'm getting tired and I sit here trying to get ready for Tuesday's conference presentations. I have the basic outline for the "keynote", but I'm now struggling with what to do for my break out session on blogging. I know I want to tell my story, but that won't take 90 minutes and it won't help those in attendance. There is so much to share that the problem will be more of eliminating too much than finding enough to do and say over the allotted time. I'm surprised how time consuming it has become to narrow the focus. Presentation Zen is causing me headaches.

The keynote outline is less about the tools and more about the learning in 21st Century Classrooms because I see that as the focus of our work. We'll see if the attendees and planners agree.

My grandchildren spent the weekend with us so I wasn't able to spend as much time as I wanted to getting ready, but playing with them was more fun anyway. That's Ciara on her horse.
I guess I will really test my ability to produce quality in a short period of time with Tuesday looming and tomorrow a big day of meetings. I'll be right back here tomorrow night "cramming" for the presentation while trying to focus on Presentation Zen. It was a lot easier to fill the pages with bullets and talk from them.

I'll let you know how it goes from my perspective and then again after I'm given the session feedback sheets.

No comments: