Sunday, July 6, 2008

A missed learning opportunity

This is the first July that I have been engaged in regularly reading blogs and creating my own and things seem to have slowed down in respect to the number of blogs I usually receive through my RSS feed. I know that this was the case last week during the NECC conference. It will be interesting to see if it continues this week and for the remainder of the month.


We didn't send anyone to the conference this year for a variety of reasons and I have come to the conclusion that it was a mistake. I followed through the various blogs I read and on the community network, but the experience is obviously not the same. Though by nature I am not good at or look forward to networking, I believe that my desire to learn and expand my experience base with this content is changing how I approach these opportunities.

I could actually see myself attending Edubloggercon, at least I think I would after reading so much about it. I want to learn from those that are real bloggers and are having an impact on how technology can support the classrooms we need to prepare young people for success and options following graduation from our school system. Next year we will reconsider the importance of attending this learning opportunity.

No comments: