Sunday, August 31, 2008

My word cloud . . .

Wow, a whole week between posts, I think that it is the longest I have gone. I should be able to get back to my normal two per week now that students will be back and I will have less presenting to do and "free time" with the family. Not much difference between one and two posts is there? Kind of embarrassing.


I think the sharing at the all-staff gathering on Wednesday went well. We were able to share our focus on Classroom 10 by reinforcing the why of the change and the goal this year for all staff to be able to articulate the why and what it looks and sounds like when in place in classrooms.


I came across Moodle in my reading and decided to see what my blog would look like in a word cloud. Kind of cool. I like the fact that teachers and learning are of importance in my posts.




2 comments:

Ethan Smith said...

Wordle is a great example of a tool that can support thinking skills instruction. I can easily imagine uses of Wordle that would directly involve evaluation, synthesis, analysis, detecting bias, point of view, fact and opinion, summarize, main idea, finding evidence, inferring, predicting, finding patterns, classifying...this is getting silly. It would be easier to list the thinking skills that don't seem like an obvious connection. While Wordle is a super simple tool to use and wouldn't require instruction per se on how to use it. I think it would be a great topic for a 10Tech Training. It could be used as raw material to help teachers see the connection between thinking skills, content, and digital tools.

MacBhaird said...

Wordle is an excellent application with endless possibilities! Thank you for the link.