Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thoughts from Desert Canyon


I'm sitting in our room at Desert Canyon with the Olympics on TV (women's beach volleyball) the hot tub right below me and my lap top in my lap. Can't get pay per view for my son to watch the UFC fights so he's trying you tube on the other lap top. We're having a great time, but I can't say the same for my golf game. Some good and some not so good, but god fun and beautiful views anyway.

I didn't do any blogging about our board or administrative retreats late last week and earlier this week. Both went very well. Our board is engaged in establishing priorities around Classroom 10 through our response to the Meteri study and through our technology plan. They are asking good questions that cause us to be reflective about our goals, time lines, and focus. They want to ensure that what we do is aligned with what we learned from Jukes and from our reading, that we find ways for students to use personal devices, and that it prepares young people for success after graduation. These are people with vision, commitment, and concern for our school system and for our community.

I will sum up my thoughts about our administrative team very simply. They are knowledgeable, skilled, and committed. I am privileged to have the opportunity to both support their learning and to learn from them.



I'd still like to know what you think about CORE 24 and the potential impacts on our students and on our school system.

No comments: