Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to work . . .


Sunday already, meaning tomorrow is back to work day for another short week. We still have our room so some of the family will be staying in the hotel and I will commute for a couple of days. Hopefully, the weather will continue to cooperate so the driving will be easier than getting here. On the last post I shared a picture of my grand kids swimming so today how about one sledding. Both were great times. They bring such joy to our lives.
One of the big tasks for this week will be trying to make some sense of all the reading material that has accumulated on my office table. I have not been able to keep up with all the great books and articles that seem to find there way to that work area. As always, it includes books and articles about leadership in our profession as I see this as essential for us to create and sustain learning communities focused on Classroom 10 learning. Another area of reading focus is on sustainability, one of the most difficult challenges we currently face and a necessary topic for study by students in all grade levels. I also have one pile devoted entirely to technology as it relates to our work and another on our latest thinking around Classroom 10, our instructional units being written by teachers, and the questions that need answering.
It will be fun to bring some order to my multiple piles. It is something that I usually end up doing two to three times each school year. I'll share some of the books and articles that end up influencing my thinking and that seem to find a way into my vocabulary and teaching. I'm actually getting a little energized thinking about the time I'll have for this work.
I just previewed the post and see again that there is no space between paragraphs like the last post. They show in the work space, but not the post. I don't know how to fix and I don't want to waste more time going back and forth. Any help out there?

1 comment:

crystal said...

About to test this out on my own blog... but putting <p> and </p> around your paragraphs is the HTML way of indicating that there should be space before and after the text between those tags... not sure if that will fix it. This sounds like a blogger bug, but not sure.