Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm on my way . . .

My adventure has started. I flew to Newark today to catch the flight to China tomorrow. Late out of Seattle, circled over the Newark airport touching down in overcast skies. The search for the shuttle to the hotel was an adventure in itself. By the time we reached the hotel the skies had opened up and the wind was howling. It brought back memories of the storm in Orlando where it dumped 12+ inches of rain in two days.

Sounds like a not so inspiring start, but I am excited about tomorrow and the opportunity in front of me. I will post as often as I can from China.

1 comment:

Julie Lee said...

Good to hear your voice this morning, Mike. At the time, I didn't realize that you were on your way to China when you inadvertently dialed my office number from your cell phone instead of Linda's number. Best wishes as you embark upon your adventure to China. As ambassador of the Tahoma School District, your Chinese counterparts will undoubtedly learn much from your leadership and the accomplishments of our school district. Congratulations! Julie