Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A rewarding day . . .

This is our meeting room.


Today was one of those days I can only dream of. Our kids, teachers, and principal spent the entire lunch break at the table with Peter sharing ideas and exploring ways that he will support the work of the Global Academy next year. I don’t know if they realize or appreciate the fact that he works with leaders from around the world who would like to have this kind of access to his experience and expertise. As an example, in May he was in China with leaders from there and the US trying to identify ways for our two countries to collaborate on the CO2 accumulation in the atmosphere. They were successful and Peter shared this site where the protocols they used are open to all of us. The only problem was a lack of space at the table so I had to make sure that the important people could be involved in the conversation by moving to another table.


All of our team our visiting New York city at this time except again for me. I couldn’t leave because I had committed to meeting with district leaders to explore the future of this organization and to identify from our personal visions what might begin to emerge as a shared vision. It is exciting for me because I don’t often network outside our district let alone outside the state and I have not had this type of opportunity to engage in the creation of a national initiative. Our teachers and students are making connections that will support their work next year and that will influence the culture of our schools and community. I am being energized by the conversations with students and adults around topics of importance to me.



I have asked one of the students to guest blog about his experience thus far that I will post tomorrow or the next day.

P.S. More good news. I received a response from the high school in China wanting to begin collaborating with our school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.eatbluecrab.com/ - ambien 10 mg
Ambien drug is one of the categories of imidazopyridine.
[url=http://www.eatbluecrab.com/]buy ambien[/url]

Ambien drug was mainly founded by certain UK Pharmacy firm.
order ambien
There are other benefits of his drug as well.