Monday, March 22, 2010

A great evening of music at . . .







Last Friday evening I attended the annual faculty music conference, an event whose purpose is to raise money for scholarships for music students and to honor Mary Lou Harting, former Rock Creek music teacher. Please excuse the quality of the pictures. I took them from my favorite spot, the back of the theater, with my cell phone. Maybe that will increase my millennial score.

It was an evening of great fun and wonderful music. Our music teachers are talented musicians and they shared with us their love of music and showmanship. The crowd was small, about 150, but we were loud and boisterous in showing our appreciation for their efforts and talent.

I don’t think you can find a better show for the requested donation of $5. It would be worth your time to consider this event and place the date on your calendar for next year. I would love to see us fill the theater to honor the memory of Mary Lou, to raise money for scholarships, and to rock out with our music teachers.

If you need more incentive, Elvis (thanks Steve) was in the house. Will he be back next year? You won’t know if you don’t attend. See you there.

1 comment:

mj said...

Quality entertainment by very talented music teacher professionals! Such versatility and variety of repertoire! I'm with you, Mike, let's challenge everyone to attend next year and pack the house!