Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another view of RttT . . .

Over at League of Education Voters, Heather offers her thoughts on our state’s chances for a successful application with round 2 of RttT. I have shared my thoughts over time including comments from our Governor who is positive and OSPI Superintendent Dorn who is skeptical that we can be successful. I align more closely with Superintendent Dorn as does Heather in the blog post. She shares four reasons for her assessment of the situation through comparing our state to first round winners Delaware and Tennessee.

*Potential district and union support
*Student assessment
*Alternative pathways for teacher certification
*Teacher and principal evaluation system

I would add to this state intervention in struggling schools and the lack of charters that creates a hill that I believe is too steep to climb.

No comments: