Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A week to give . . .


Today is day three of Teacher Appreciation Week and my opportunity to share my appreciation for the commitment and work done by teachers every day of the school year. It is one of the few times recently at the national level, that we are able to focus on the great work of teachers and the impact that these dedicated individuals have on the lives of young people.

We expect much from our teachers; too often without the same level of support and with little acknowledgment and appreciation for their efforts. I know that I can and need to do more in both the area of support and appreciation. We are moving in this direction through our efforts to engage the teacher voice at the system level in the curriculum and instruction decisions that drive classroom interactions between students and teachers. We understand the need for and are committed to teachers assuming leadership roles and influencing our Classroom 10 journey.

I thank the teachers and certified staff of our school district for the success we enjoy in our community and for the positive reputation we have in our state. I have the opportunity that most do not have of hearing from others across the state and at the national level about how good we are. I am learning to accept this and not focus so much on how much more we have to do and I am so very fortunate to be a small part of this learning organization.

This week is for teachers and ours have earned the right to take pride and enjoyment in the acknowledgments and thanks for work well done!

No comments: