Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Any help out there?

I usually do my posts in Word and then copy and paste onto blogger. Yesterday, I copied and pasted the chart from Jane Hart's blog onto word. When I then transferred it to blogger, the chart did not copy. The only way I could get the chart onto my post was to snip and copy as a jpeg. Does anyone know why it won't copy and paste on blogger?

On Stephen's Lighthouse the links on the chart were active. Can anyone help me understand how to copy charts, graphs, and pictures onto blogger?

2 comments:

Miss Thurston said...

You can cut and paste text but I'm thinking you need to save photos to your documents and then insert them. You could either take a snip or right click on the image and Save As. Creating a link to the site is an option as well.

crystal said...

I've had this post saved meaning to reply for quite sometime, but my summer isn't as laid back as it could be :)

Pictures can't be inserted into webpage the same way text is. Instead, pictures (and files/etc) need to be uploaded separately and then linked to in the text (source code). You can copy/paste/download pictures without doing it separately because the browser (Internet Explorer/Firefox/Safari/etc) allows you to do it. But the upload isn't that simple.

If you don't want to have to take a snippet of the picture then you'll have to manually download it from the site when you copy/paste the text. Right click on the image and save it to a folder for you to use later when you upload the text.

I hope that makes sense. If not, I'd also been meaning to mention that if you wanted to get together sometime this summer for a crash course on twitter/facebook/tech stuff then I'd be up for it. I do think it's important to get connected, or at the least, to understand it. Let me know.