Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer loss . . .


Now that I have signed on to Lijit Weekly stats I can see that my readership really drops during summer break. Last week I had more than 100 fewer readers and when I usually have between 200 and 275 that is a big drop off. It makes me think about frequency and content of my posts.

I don’t have any answers, but one thing I am thinking about is that unused Facebook page. Next week I am going to the SoL conference with four students and two other adults from our system. I usually try to share my learning during the conference. Maybe it might be time to think about using Facebook. I might learn what to do with the thirteen people who have asked to friend me.

Though the number of readers is down, I hope that one of you can help me with my problem embedding things into my blog posts that I shared yesterday. I would appreciate it.

2 comments:

Scott Mitchell said...

Hey Mike,

I think a lot of people detach themselves from school during the summer. I sent out an email to the whole staff at school and to our 200 at home contacts about having a tentative agreement. I got two responses.

I am still reading and checking your blog each day along with others. Hope you have a chance to enjoy the summer like others in our system.

christel said...

LOL Detach during the summer? HA! I find that amusing. The last 7 weekdays have I have found myself and nearly 40 others, at SLES by 8:30 participating in another fabulous GLAD training. I agree, frequency will be impacted as people are on various trips during these nice, summer days.

I did read your blog yesterday, and am eagerly awaiting a blogging expert to solve our dilema. I, too, have no idea how to solve this problem.