Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taking some time away . . .

I'm taking a few days off and I'm not sure how much blogging I will be doing. I started my time off by spending 8 hours trying to reclaim my garage. The truck is full of garbage and I'll have at least one more load. My body is definitely talking back to me tonight. I think I'm getting too old for this manual labor. After the garbage dump tomorrow I have weed eating and mowing to consume the rest of the day. I'll need to get back to work to rest my body.

Yesterday, we finished the leadership retreat with about 50 administrators and teachers coming
together to continue our Classroom 10 journey. Our focus was on our key content and check for understanding goal. We reviewed the importance of vision and the mental models and skills we have introduced in our leadership institutes. To assist in planning for August inservice we also shared the new and exciting resources that T&L staff are creating and a planning tool that we believe will assist planning teams as they identify a focus for the year.

I'm excited about the goal that we have created with a focus on instruction. It means I will be in more classrooms supporting principals and teacher leaders as they create the high support necessary to balance the high demand of this goal. It is also the start of a new focus for teacher leaders, one that requires them to create deep understandings of Classroom 10 instruction and to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to support others in this change initiative. I'll share more details on this teacher leader focus in a future blog.

No comments: