Thursday, September 15, 2011

Importance of relationship . . .

Today, we had our first PTA Roundtable meeting of the year.  Representatives from each PTA meet with us monthly during the school year to share information, coordinate initiatives, and surface rumors in our school community.  One of the first things that I did as superintendent was to organize the initial meetings that led to the formation of this group.  I believed then and continue to believe in the importance of relationship with these key contributors to the success of our school system.  Since those initial meetings, members of the PTAs have stepped forward to assume coordination and facilitation responsibilities for these meetings.  I look forward to these opportunities for sharing and engaging with these important members of our school system.

At this morning's meeting I was asked to share the video Don't Stop Believing that was developed at the high school.  Though it hasn't yet gone viral there have been 1279 views.  I encourage you to take the four minutes to view it and share it with your friends.  I have seen it multiple times and each time it gives me goose bumps.  Though I laugh at parts I know how some of the featured adults needed to stretch their comfort zones to participate.  I also know that this personal stretch once again demonstrates their commitment to the young people in their school and to the belief that drives their behavior as they create options for each student to experience success on their journey.  I am so proud of Terry and his leadership team for showing us the importance of relationship and doing whatever it takes to develop and maintain One School.

No comments: