Monday, December 26, 2011

Last minute leads to lost chance . . .

mommyrantings.com
Well, I missed the opportunity to wish readers a Merry Christmas as I got caught up in my usual last minute shopping spree, then preparing for family.  It was great fun and a I had a wonderful time with family.  This morning it is just my wife and I and except for a few barks from the dog it is quiet and calm and that also feels just great.  My biggest problem is the number of cookies with cream cheese icing, See's candies, and ice cream cake left over.  It seems that I have no will power to refuse them and I fear as they disappear they will become visible as added inches to my waist line and other parts of this rapidly sagging body.

Maybe next year I can change my behavior and start preparing for the holidays before it is upon me, or maybe not.  I think it is now a badge of honor to reply to the question that is always asked, are you ready for the holiday?  It may be difficult to let go of being able to give my standard reply of no I still have two more days.

I hope your day was as enjoyable as mine.

No comments: