Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Make A Difference . . .

As suggested on Make A Difference.com, I am sharing this video on Teacher Appreciation Day.  "Three Letters From Teddy" written in 1974 by Elizabeth Silance Ballard shows the impact a teacher can have on the life of a student.  You can access the video here.  Though I struggled with some of the message early in the story, I was moved by the teacher being open to reflecting on her behavior and accepting the challenge of supporting a needy child, something that great teachers do every day.

The words below will give you a sense of what to expect.

Walter Wood writes ... "I am a 6 ft. 2in., 250-pound construction worker and this short, but profound, film actually brought tears to my eyes. It made me realize that I must be more mindful when I'm training my apprentices."

Once again, thank you TEACHERS for making a difference every day in the lives of those young people that walk through our doors.

No comments: