Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Special people . . .

At the Board meeting this evening staff were recognized for 20, 25, 30, and 35 years of service in our school system.  We also recognized eight of the fourteen retirees shown below.  This is a large number for us  retiring in the same year.  Not all those meeting the benchmark years of service or retiring attend this board meeting, instead choosing to be recognized at their end-of-year building or department event.


Honoring the retirees is always a bittersweet moment for me, but more so this year.  Two of these individuals, Bruce Zahradnik and Nancy Skerritt, were hired by me and have played significant roles in this school system and in my life.  They have been with me on this wonderful journey for over twenty years, unwavering in their support and performing multiple job functions as self-directed learners and quality producers.

I could go on for many paragraphs, but will share in a more personal context the deep appreciation and respect I have for them as co-workers and the gratitude that I have for their support, encouragement, and guidance over the years. They will always hold a special place in my heart and mind and though I will continue on our journey I do so without Nancy my co-pilot and Bruce the rock that was always there when I most needed someone beside, behind, or in front of me.



No comments: