Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A difficult last . . .

It seems like each last is becoming more difficult and this evening continued that trend.  We celebrated School Board Recognition Month, my last opportunity to honor and thank the Board members for their commitment to our schools as superintendent.  I can safely say that because of my experience and the time spent with them our current Board has the greatest collective capacity to lead this system through the difficult, yet exciting transitions in our future.  Though I have worked with many outstanding Board members over time, none had five individuals bring the experiences and talent that comes with this team.  We are fortunate to have five individuals with the commitment, experience, and skills to maintain a focus on our young people as they provide leadership for the journey ahead of us.  

As superintendent I have much to be thankful for with this Board at the top of the list.  They have influenced my thinking on every major initiative in our system.  They challenge me and each other and have learned how to separate their emotions from the sometimes difficult decisions that they need to make.  They have contributed to making my experience rewarding and energizing.

I join all in honoring them and thanking them for their service.  




No comments: